Provide Outpatient counseling in an adult substance abuse treatment facility. Program also provides supportive services to enable the rehabilitation and reintegration of persons with substance use disorders into the community. The Program serves a variety of individuals including those remanded to treatment by the Criminal Justice System. Conducts routine monitoring of client treatment compliance including urine surveillance observation. Extensive casework and paperwork required. Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish); Non-smoker preferred.
Alternative Drug Abuse Treatment
Licensure: Must be currently licensed by the State of Texas as a Chemical Dependency Counselor and in good standing.
Education and Work Experience: Associate’s degree or two years of college credit in behavioral science (psychology, social work, etc.). Bachelors or Masters Degree preferred.
Two years of full-time, supervised work experience in counseling (one of which must have been in substance abuse treatment) and case file management (including group and family counseling experience).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Computer skills including familiarity with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the counseling process, methodologies, and treatment approaches.
- Mastery of individual, group, and family counseling skills.
- Knowledge of substance abuse, treatment resources, and ability to teach this knowledge to others.
- Skill in assessment and treatment planning with clients having substance use disorders.
- Cultural competence.
- Ability to plan and organize work in a time efficient manner.
- Perform clinical evaluations with new clients to determine eligibility and appropriateness for admission.
- Develops treatment, discharge and transition plans for newly admitted clients and reviews them according to program guidelines.
- Makes appropriate service referrals (external and internal) for client needs outside the scope of treatment provided.
- Coordinates treatment services for assigned clients.
- Provides individual and group counseling according to program curriculum guidelines and schedule.
- Conducts individual and group education according to program curriculum guidelines and schedule.
- Schedules and observes client urine specimens to determine drug use status and effectiveness of care.
- Enters client contact and other treatment information into program and funder data bases.
- Completes progress notes, reports and other service documentation according to program procedures
- Maintain daily and monthly records of client activity.
- Report client progress in treatment to referral sources commensurate with confidentiality regulations.
- Attend staff meetings, training and supervisory sessions to receive feedback and direction on job performance.
- Abide by all Professional and ethical responsibilities as identified by State law and program practice
- Other duties as assigned.