Career and Recovery Resources Central Employment and Supportive Services department is seeking to add an enthusiastic and client service-oriented member to their team. The intake and referral specialist will be a responsible for operating and streamlining the client experience by responding to inquiries and providing clients with information about CRR’s multi-services; will also be responsible for completing and processing intake for all clients and referring them to the appropriate department or personnel.
In addition, the intake specialist will be responsible for attending to veteran clients by providing them with referral service to meet their needs.
PROGRAM: Employment and Supportive Services
SALARY RANGE: Maximum hourly salary is $17.00 (Depending on Experience) – Full Time 9am-5pm Monday -Friday.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social work or related field and 1 year experience as intake specialist; or 3 years of intake experience with no Bachelors Degree.
Experience: Minimum of two years of work experience in human services/social services. 2-3 years customer service/intake experience required. Must have experience working in a professional social services work environment.
- Sensitive to individual’s multiple barriers and can work with diverse populations.
High level communication skills; oral and written. Excellent problem-identification and solving skills. Must have pleasant disposition.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time or notifies appropriate person with alternate plan. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, while increasing productivity.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong writing skill.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Other: Must be able to sit for long period of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit.
- Schedule and conduct assessments to determine referrals to appropriate services.
- Documents all contact with clients.
- Assign clients to Employment Specialist.
- Collect and enter Employment and Supportive Services client satisfaction survey into data. Maintain and track data required for quality management plan.
- Attend bi-weekly multi-disciplinary Case Review meetings and provide status updates regarding referrals.
- Assist team in the ongoing development of the intake process as needed
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from clients or members of the public.
- Screens and provides eligibility assessments for veterans in-person or via phone.
- Provide accurate, timely and thorough client centered services to ensure the most appropriate intervention or referral source.
- Work with other team members to achieve agency Veteran Services goals.
- Supports veteran employment placement services including but not limited to outreach.
- Primary contact for the Combined Arms Veteran referrals. This includes intake, attending meetings as needed, and maintaining reports on client status and census.
- Primary contact for the Central Veterans Information Line.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Maintain accurate files and records of all interactions and services provided for funding and audit purposes.
- Complete all organizational paperwork as assigned and timely.
- Be on time to work, appointments and community events as you represent CRR’s professionalism standards.
- Maintain accurate client data as required by Career and Recovery Resources.
- Other Duties as assigned and required.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Employment Services and Support Services.
Career and Recovery Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.