Youth Empowerment Services (YES)
The YES Mission: To help all youth, at-risk and with special needs to transition into the workforce or back to school.
2525 San Jacinto · Houston, TX 77002
(713) 754-7089 (Voice)
While graduation from high school is a natural life event for teenagers, for many students tis requires more planning, negotiation, and decision-making. Your choices about where you want to live and work and whether or not you want to continue your education are a bit more challenging. High school is the last time you will be "entitled" to receive support or services. So make the most of your time there. Have a plan for when you graduate before you graduate from high school. We can help you successfully transition into adulthood.
The goal of YES is to help youth, ages 14-24, make a successful transition into the workforce or back to school but know that YES places a solid emphasis in continuing education. The program enables youth to assess their interests and abilities, explore career options, define career goals, and determine the steps needed to achieve education and employment.
- College and career Readiness Mentor Program
- Career Counseling, Assessments/Testing, and Exploration
- Money-Management Training
- Career and Employment-related Workshops
- Job Placement Assistance
What we do:
- YES helps youth to take the lead in planning for their adult lives.
- YES shares important information that encourages youth to begin thinking about life after graduation.
- YES offers ideas they can use to plan routes to reach their goals.
For more information please contact Cynthia Jackson at 713.754.7089